Saturday, January 12, 2008

More Animation Fun

Link As I continue to search for fun ways to use technology in my classroom, I ran across StickPivot. StickPivot is an easy to use animation program, but unfortunately, for Windows only. At first, I wasn't sure how to create my own stick movie or add new stick characters, but after I played around with it for a few minutes, I got the hang of it.

You have to be creative to use stickpivot. If you need ideas, go to YouTube and type in stick pivot. You will find tons of animations, some that are graphic and violent, but it will give you some ideas for how to use it.

Below is the first stick pivot I created. You will have to click on the picture to see the animation. It was just to get the feel of the program. I feel confident that my students can write their own short stories and animate them using stick pivot. Students could also create stick pivots to reenact historical events, science experiments, and create visual math problems. I will post links to more stick pivot ideas and examples from my students on my teacher website.





No comments: